This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - Ian
I’m going on two weeks with no AC and the situation has lost its humor pretty damn fast. I really don’t understand why the office is dragging its feet over an issue that affects the place being straight up uninhabitable. This isn’t the north where the temperature outside drops to a somewhat decent range at night; it’s almost 4AM and the temperature outside is still 78 degrees and that’s the lowest for the day. There’s only so much a few fans can do; I know one of my roommates is contacting the office daily over it, but I’m going to talk with him about contacting corporate because waiting this long for a health issue like this is just unacceptable.
I want you all to imagine with me for a moment,
You're a simple small Japanese family. You're sitting down watching some funny game show in your typical Tokyo home. The wife is on her way back from work, you and your five year-old daughter have just finished prepping the table for dinner, everything is quiet and peaceful. The commercial breaks begins to start and the two of you wonder what sort of paid advertisement is about to show that helped sponsor "Who can eat the most broccoli pizzas without vomiting?" and you're immediately greeted with this:
Your daughter now has a phobia for Japanese Animation; your wife opens the door and immediately assumes you two were being stabbed by an intruder; you're unsure if you're even capable of comprehending what it is you've just watched. There's only one guaranteed fact that runs through your mind,
You must thank Hideaki Anno for the beautiful work of art.
I just realized something.
I already knew that Shinji playing Shogi with Professor Fuyutsuki in 3.0 was already symbolic of Shinji's current predicament. Shogi isn't about destroying enemy pieces but instead recruiting them over to your side. With Shinji's actions, he lost his most valuable piece to his father. I originally thought this was some deep meaning with Kaworu coming back against Shinji in 3.0+1.0 siding with Gendo; however that seems unlikely and the answer is much simpler.
Kaworu mentions that he fell into a trap with Shinji set by Gendo when Eva-13 begins to awaken. Shinji did indeed lose his most valuable piece (Kaworu) to Gendo; but what more than likely happened is that Gendo fed false information on the spears to Kaworu who fed the same info to Shinji. In essence, Gendo made a play against Shinji himself using Kaworu as a proxy, causing Shinji to make an incorrect decision (grabbing the spears). Shinji ends up losing the game to his father because Gendo already played Kaworu like a fiddle.
No and yes.
A large portion of Shinji's emotional/mental well being in Q stemmed from the idea that he did indeed save Rei at the end of 2.0 and was the driving factor in several key decisions he made in the movie. Had that not occurred and Shinji knew beyond reasonable doubt that she dies, two different stories would've came out of that:
1. Everything else plays out the same (since it was revealed that the time-skip was supposedly planned all along) and now we have a Shinji with much less reason to take certain actions, I can't see how Khara could continue the story from this perspective since Shinji's belief that he saved Rei was the sole reason for leaving WILLE.
2. The movie largely remains unchanged with the exception that Shinji is introduced to the Rei we see in Q (Rei Q) and believes he might have saved her at the end of 2.0 (not realizing Rei II did indeed die at the end). The movie would've been just the same but bogged down by Shinji learning more about Rei Q and is forced into awkward times whereas the information on Rei Shinji is given in the current iteration flows more naturally from scene to scene.
Keep in mind, the entire internal debate Khara had over the matter of Rei's fate at the end of 2.0 stems from a single line of dialogue spoken between Gendo & Fuyutsuki in 1.11 that wasn't intended to be more than just a repeated line from NGE.
This litteraly only make it worse
A translated interview from the 2.0 CRC (Complete Records Collection) regarding Shinji & Rei/the ending of 2.0:
Long amount of text
>At what point did you decide that the climax would blend the story of episode 19 with elements of episode 23?
Some things to note:
- This interview was readily available shortly after 2.22's DVD/BD release in Japan, meaning it was probably well before Q got a story overhaul.
- The "love love strategy" they are referring to is the Japanese basic translation of Gendo's line to Fuyutsuki in 1.0: "Next I'll have him get closer to Rei."
- They wanted the original ending of Rei's death in 2.0 so that 3.0 would have less problems and they ended up compromising on the end of 2.0.
- They adjust the movie they're working on and "force" the story to fit into what was established in the previous film(s). They're making sure nothing is retconned (which makes everything we know about Q all the more bizarre).
- With this compromise on Rei's fate at the end of 2.0, 3.0 was still wildly different from anything else before and is only not even more different because Rei """kind of""" survived and is in an awkward middle-state. They wanted 3.0 to be a very prolonged version of episode 24, and even though they got what they wanted, it apparently wasn't entirely what they were aiming for solely because of 2.0's ending involving Rei.
I don't think anybody is saying a person can't be that way, but that a significant number of people unfortunately end up in the latter two camps.
Why can't a person think it'd be nice to have a gf instead of being a rock who doesn't need anybody or a sad puppy who can't survive without a partner
I would like to also respond to this particular section that it doesn't help when individuals who are in a relationship treat it like it's the most divine thing to have ever graced their existence in front of these people. My oldest brother is definitely "tfw no gf" incarnate and my second-oldest who's married kept trying to convince him that it's okay to be single and that he'll run into somebody when he's not obsessing over it. However it went through one ear and out the other solely because my second-oldest was still only dating his wife at the time and they were going through some rocky tension, and he refused to break up with her solely because "he didn't want to be alone because it's awful".
Like, I'm glad he was able to work out his relationship to the point where they're married (even though new trouble is rocking their boat), but he never acknowledged how absolutely hypocritical he was being during that time period.
Plus, I dare to ask the question of what's the matter with somebody wanting a partner? People don't just feel alone for the fun of it. If you feel alone then it's an obvious sign that something is missing from one's life. Granted, I understand that many people can often put too much emphasis on relationships, thinking that having a partner will solve their problems. Truth couldn't be more opposite.
I find most people end up getting a partner when they're already pretty happy and whole with themselves; I also noticed I went on the most dates with girls when I wasn't bothering looking.
you think it's healthy to view yourself as incomplete without a romantic partner, and to wallow in your own loneliness when you don't have one
I can like Halo and post elites.And kill Halo threads brother. ;-;
how long do streams with fansubs typically take to get uploadedA sideways camrip of 3.0 blocking half the screen was translated (albeit very poorly) and available to download to western internet-users in roughly half a day after the movie premiered. We definitely would have had something of the sort. Even if a camrip wasn't available, Khara released a new minute long trailer the same day to tie people over waiting to see it the way they wanted.
Today, the only thing Khara announced was the three movies are now available on multiple Japanese streaming services.
So I propped the window open, but now I have a new problem. Mordred is deathly terrified of the outside world, and wont leave his carrier-crate unless it's to run out of the room when I need to leave for something.
Bruh, you need airflow. Open them windows and get a breeze going.
I recall there was a study done stating that nothing would really happen if Mosquitoes disappeared from the world completely.
this negatively affect many bird populations tho
I got a blackout curtain for my window and I now have two fans at full blast in the room. Temperature is a little more manageable but then again it rained a lot today so the sun wasn't out a lot to raise the temp anyways.