This post was made by Pichu Gang.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - Pichu
I don't really know until the game's out, but the wide portraits are the "no-doubters" and the thin slots are characters of interest in order.
This post was made by Pichu Gang.
Bair reportedly combos into bair. Puff should finally be decent again.
So, I think I have an idea of how many characters will be in the final roster, and it's pretty much just based off of (possibly incorrect) assumptions of how the Smashdown mode will work. In order for the mode to make any sense mathematically, and assuming it's a 4-player only, the final number of playable characters has to be divisible by 4. Otherwise, the remainder of fighters will not enough for each player.I've heard that it probably ends once there aren't enough fighters for the next match. The total would have to be a multiple of 2, 3 and 4 at the same time for it to work otherwise and that restricts potential DLC too.
Maybe more likely to be a cutscene instead. Those transformations you listed are still there, but now change conceptually to fit the new style.please let his final smash be Din’s FirePersonally hoping for a Majora's reference
Personally hoping for a Majora's referenceplease let his final smash be Din’s Fire
I'm a few days late here, but I think the emblem change is due to his original also being the old logo for Kojima Productions. I wouldn't put it past Konami to not be this absurdly petty.
i wonder how theyre gonna differentiate young vs toon linkFrom what I can see from the minimal footage of them:
- YL has his melee jab
- YL has fire on his arrows (like in melee) so they probably have different properties than TL's
- TL has a new fsmash
- TL has a Triforce Slash as his final smash, and YL we don't know
- They both have their respective visual effects
I'm sure there's more added but I've seen the idea tossed around that YL is "old link" and TL is further differentiated to better fit his original appearance.
Bayo - Red
Bowser - Original
Cloud - Red
Corrin - Green
DK - Purple
Fox - Red or Orange
Ganondorf - Original
Ice Climbers - Light Purple
Ike - Hero Black
Inkling - Green or Cyan
Kirby - Orange
Link - Red or Viridian
Little Mac - Pink
Mario - Builder or Wedding
Marth - White
Mega Man - Red
Mewtwo - Orange (still no shiny)
Ness - Master Belch
Pac-Man - Original
Pikachu - Ethan or Libre
Pit - Black
Pokemon Trainer - Red
Ridley - Red or Meta Ridley
Ryu - Original
Samus - Black
Sheik - Purple
Snake - Black
Sonic - Does it even matter
Villager - Purple
Zelda - Pink
I don't think this is all of them for all of these characters since Meta Ridley's missing.
Short E3 build impressions article from a meticulous Smash coverage site.
There weren’t any squirtle and ivysaur icons so I just recoloured trainer’s hat to represent them. No penalties for staying on a mon and quick switches means one or two can be viable on their own. Armada mentioned that Charizard doesn’t seem good in the current build.
I didn't expect this screenshot to be introduced as an actual point so I was being jokingly obtuse. More elaborate thoughts, as requested by TB:never said arms wasn't dumb tbhSo, that one leaker (who has been pretty accurate lately) has just leaked that there's gonna be 6 more new characters. I wouldn't get too excited about that, but this dude has a pretty strong track record.
1. All for Belmont. Vergeben probably had some legit sources on the original leak but it's not clear whether Ridley and Belmont were from the same one. Konami's involved with Snake (I originally had Snake penned in as "if Belmont gets in" before everyone came back and the reverse is applicable here) so I expect Simon.
2. I doubt Decidueye by this point, since arguments for him are essentially:
a) Relevance, which becomes less of a point as time goes on and we move further and further away from S/M. As it stands the release of those games lines up fairly clean with Ultimate's development, so sure.
b) Originality. Decidueye's archer style could bring something new to the table. I've imagined him with mobility similar to Wrastor from Rivals of Aether if you've played it.
c) "Representation Satisfaction", which I know isn't a real thing but the cases for recent grass starters have been centered around this "type trio" mentality where there must be a fire, water and grass starter represented. This doesn't make sense and is further invalidated by the existence of Squirtle separate from Greninja. My point was less about this and more saying that Ivysaur's taken some pieces that could've gone towards Decidueye's moveset in my mind. This doesn't really hurt Decidueye's chances as much as its originality I guess.
Overall I'd say that Decidueye is the most likely new Pokemon. However, Pokemon's gotten two (technically three if you consider Ivysaur and Squirtle as separate entities, which they're much closer to without stamina mechanics) characters added. I've always brought up that it's one of the biggest media franchises in the world so it makes sense, but I feel like Mimikyu would more solidly rep gen 7. Mimikyu's popularity and ghostly disguise-oriented theme could create a unique playstyle in Smash. It's really either/or if we get one.
3. ARMS character: We can agree that arms sucks and doesn't deserve a character. You said that it'll probably get one (similar to how Inklings did) but I'd suggest that they'll pass over this title for Ultimate. Inklings didn't make it for the Smash 4 DLC (even when they were perfectly relevant) and ARMS has proven to be a much more mixed title critically and in sales numbers. Hoping I'm right on this one, since the amount of lag Spring Man would have on his moves would make him ridiculous to play and fight.
4. Snake has some Big Boss elements in his design but I'd love this.
5. Taste's pretty subjective, and K Rool's always been a divisive character design-wise. I like him as a villain and wish appeared more often personally, but there's a lot more to him than status. Over DK games, he's gotten standard boxing moves, a cannon, a helipack, a variety of goons and even a swing from his Mario Baseball appearance. We don't have too many heavyweights outside of the bait and punish-style characters so I think he'd be a good inclusion.
6. Geno feels to me like one of those things that will never happen. I could be wrong since he was also a mii costume, but his role in Mario RPG is so much less important than most other potential Mario characters. Old Paper Mario and M&L are arguably better RPGs as well. Waluigi got passed up for this game, but we already got Daisy for Mario and I doubt Geno severely.
I'll add some of my own.
- Chorus Kids: They're a meme but they were in the mostly-correct Gematsu leak for Smash 4, and Rhythm Heaven character data was discovered in the game after. Rhythm Heaven has very few Smash references so this would be nice.
- Isaac: Another highly requested character in a game of fanservice. Never played Golden Sun so I don't know too much.
- Animal Crossing Echo: Isabelle or maybe KK Slider. Just a direct Villager clone since they've taken pretty much everything they can.
- Chibi Robo: Seems like a Sakurai pick to me.
- Rayman: Heavily requested third party that's close to Nintendo, or:
- Banjo and Kazooie: Probably an impossible pick but Rare was big for the N64 and Phil Spencer's been open to the idea. The ball seems to be in Nintendo's court.
Predicting about 3 or 4 more newcomers (from the ones I agreed to or listed) in the base game and a handful more for DLC. I'm really optimistic about this game since it seems a lot more competitive than Smash 4.
« on: January 28, 2016, 07:14:24 PM »
ARG and RT can be whatever is balanced, I don't really have any ideas for it.
When this card is played, an opponent's card of your choice's ARG is raised by 20, but their RT is halved. The ARG of any other Canadian card on your own team is raised by 10, with no RT loss.
"But Bobby, you have a waterbed!"
I'm pretty sure TBlocks is making it, and no, it depends on what looks the best, really.
Alright.Hoping to fit in a set with nosejob tomorrow.I'm sick. Been in bed most of the day.
Oh, by the way, Pichu--you might wanna shorten your name.Nuuuuuuuuuu.
Ok, I'll change it.
I added those scores anyways, oh well.GG Pichu.Oj, I must have messed up the scores.
GG Pichu.Oj, I must have messed up the scores.
Lost the set 2-1
Good games, I was sure I was gonna win after the first one, and your Mewtwo is part of the small percentage of players that's both really good, and makes me want to through my controller at a wall, burn it in a fire, and eat the ashes.
Fuck you for taunting after I SD'd though.
I'm coming for ya nosey :^)
Making it now.Yup.Are we friends on Wii U?We can play now.I'm tempted to quit at this point.
Yup.Are we friends on Wii U?We can play now.I'm tempted to quit at this point.
Are we friends on Wii U?We can play now.I'm tempted to quit at this point.
If we finish before within the hour I can.
I can set up a room.