- low-ass frame rate of the trailer isn't doing anyone any favors
- a region inspired by Spain could be cool, but the sweeping landscape shots aren't very impressive when what we're being shown is PS2-level graphics (and i hate commenting on graphics, but it's inexcusable how unimpressive these games look)
- after LeGo, Sw/Sh, and Legends, i'm personally over seeing pokémon in the overworld if all they're going to do is wander about aimlessly until they see you, like scuttlebugs in super mario 64
- i see they tried to show off some animations to inspire confidence that they're actually trying now, but i wasn't very impressed by anything in particular
- pretty doofy looking starters, i'd probably pick the green cat i guess after choosing Violet
Resounding "meh" from me. On the surface, it really doesn't look like a massive leap from Sword and Shield, and in order to rekindle the passion I had for Pokémon, I really needed it to be. I'll keep an eye out for updates, but this is probably the first generation of Pokémon where I don't feel one whit of excitement.