This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Topics - Jono
« on: December 02, 2018, 03:47:58 AM »
What do you guys think?
« on: October 01, 2018, 03:10:10 AM »
The 2018 regular season has come and gone with bizarre outcomes and now it's finally time for October baseball. This will be the first time in MLB history that a season ended with two tiebreakers for division titles.
Let the chaos and heartbreak begin:
1. World Series (Red Sox win series 4-1)
1. The Brewers win Game 163 in Chicago and advance to the NLDS.
2. The Dodgers win Game 163 and advance to the NLDS to face the Braves.
3. The Rockies win the NL Wild Card game and advance to the NLDS to face the Brewers.
4. The Oakland Athletics are eliminated from the postseason. The Yankees advance to the NLDS to face Boston.
5. The Brewers walk off the Rockies in game 1 and win.
6. The Dodgers shutout the Braves at home for a game 1 victory
7. The Brewers rally late and beat the Rockies in game 2. The series goes to Colorado.
8. The Astros take games 1 and 2 from the Indians. The series goes to Cleveland.
9. The Dodgers take game 2. The series goes to Atlanta.
10. The Red Sox take game 1 but the Yankees take game 2. The series is tied.
11. The Brewers sweep the Rockies and advance to the NLCS. They face the Dodgers.
12. The Astros sweep the Indians and advance to the ALCS.
13. The Dodgers win the series in Atlanta and advance to the NLCS to face the Brewers.
14. The Red Sox BTFO the Yankees in the Bronx and win big in game 3.
15. Red Sox eliminate the Yankees.
16. The Red Sox take the ALCS lead.
17. The Dodgers tie the Brewers in the NLCS.
18. The Dodgers are 1 win away from the World Series.
19. The Red Sox are 1 win away from the World Series.
20. The Red Sox advance to the World Series. This will be their 2nd World Series appearance in the last decade.
21. THE DODGERS ADVANCE TO THE WORLD SERIES AGAIN.
22. Red Sox take game 1.
23. Red Sox take game 2.
24. Dodgers win big in 18 innings and take game 3.
25. The Red Sox are 1 win away from winning the World Series.
1. As stated above, this is the first time we will see 2 tiebreakers in MLB history as well as having all 4 teams still in the postseason once the outcomes of both games are reached.
2. The Oakland Athletics are the only American League team in the postseason that wasn't there the previous year. The Red Sox, Indians, Yankees, and Astros were all in the 2017 postseason.
3. The Colorado Rockies for the first time in franchise history have reached the postseason in back-to-back years. The franchise began in 1993.
4. The Milwaukee Brewers have reached the postseason for the first time since 2011.
5. The Indians once again will attempt to end their World Series championship drought as they last won in it all in 1948, being the longest out of any team listed here. The Brewers and Rockies are the only teams going in that have never won a World Series.
« on: August 23, 2018, 02:17:06 PM »
GET FUCKIN HYPED
So I bought this game the other night and it's a game I've always wanted to play but never had the chance to until now. Anyways, I'll update this thread on my progress and tell you guys what I think of it and all that jazz.
Usually when I go back to play games on the NES/SNES/Genesis I just play them for a little bit for nostalgia sake and won't touch them for a while. That is not the case with Super Metroid, as I am enjoying this game a ton and plan on finishing it.
I'm currently making my way through Norfair. Apparently I missed grabbing the Power Bomb in Brinstar like the noob I am so I can't open any of the orange doors so I know I'm missing out on whatever's behind them, like a map for Norfair or more energy tanks and missiles.
Will update later when I play some more.
He's got a really nasty cough that's keeping him up as well as my family so I took him to the vet today.
Last time we took him he was fine and there was nothing wrong with him. This time it was different. He's got a heart murmur but it's only a minor one. The reason why he's coughing is because there's fluid or something stuck in his trachea so he's trying to cough it all out.
He's gonna have to be on medication for the remainder of his life. The cough isn't going to go away but the shots and medicine is supposed to suppress it.
I was expecting to hear worse news but this is what I'll take I guess. As long as the medication helps him I'll do whatever it takes to keep him alive for as long as I can.
A dude with no arms stabs a man LMAO https://people.com/crime/florida-man-no-arms-stabs-tourist/
An armless Florida man was arrested Tuesday after he allegedly stabbed a tourist.
Vinnie Paul was the co-founder of Pantera with his brother, Dimebag Darrell. He was an absolute monster on the drums.
It was confirmed a few hours ago but I didn't find out until I got off work. The family is not saying how he died but people are saying that it was probably suicide, given the history of what happened with his brother and how people would say that Vinnie would often look depressed and just out of it when they'd see him. I'm hoping that's not what happened but chances are it is. Now this band is officially dead with just Rex and Paul left. I'm anxious to see what Phil is going to say when he finds out.
RIP brotha, hope you're having a blast with Dimebag
« on: June 20, 2018, 02:50:58 AM »
Go fuck yourself you fucking furry
Whenever things aren't too cheery in my life, I can always come on here and talk to you guys about anything, something I'm not too comfortable doing in person. I'm close to people in real life obviously but there just isn't that bond that I have with them that I have with this community. We've never met but still, I feel better talking to you guys about things than people I know.
Sep7agon obviously isn't as big as it was, but I'm just happy that the few of you that still post here still come to this website. I'm glad to still be a part of this community for the past 9 years. Wow... 9 years now, crazy. Where did the time go...
Whether we get along or not and despite our differences, I want to thank you guys for being a part of my life. I never would have imagined being a part of this community for this long.
I like that some bands take their older stuff and remaster it, making it sound better as if it released today. Some bands are great at doing it, but some bands destroy their work by doing it for whatever reason.
Take Megadeth for example. The Cryptic Writings album is an album that's not that popular or liked by fans of the band but I enjoy it a ton and I think its great, one of their best albums with the last great lineup. The original version of the album sounds flawless but Dave Mustard Stain went with a George Lucas approach and added stuff to some of the songs, changed them, and removed some things too in the remastered version. Nothing major, but easily noticeable when listening and it just doesn't feel right. He did this for every album pre-2000 and it's rare to find the original versions anywhere.
Iron Maiden I think are a good example for remastering their music. The only change I noticed on their older stuff was the removal of the intro from the song Powerslave which was basically the outro of the previous song Back in the Village. Other than that, their music sounds really great in the original and remastered versions respectively.
« on: May 09, 2018, 02:44:28 AM »
We have 2 big palm trees in my front yard where a bunch of birds like to call home.
There used to be a family of owls that lived up there but I think they moved to another palm tree that's taller down the street from my house.
But the bird that intrigues me is this small, grayish one that always has babies around this time of year every year. If it's the same bird that's been doing this then that's pretty cool. I guess earlier today a chick fell out of the tree and my dad got him and put him in one of our old bird cages and brought him inside for the night. The same thing happened last year too. My dad would leave him outside near the palm trees and every once in a while the mom would fly down and feed him after feeding the rest.
I wonder when he'll get the strength to start flying.
« on: May 06, 2018, 04:58:50 AM »
What the fuck does that even mean lmao
A couple of days ago, a C-130 crashed in Georgia. All 9 people on board were killed.
An F-16 crashes while trying to land, pilot made it out okay thankfully.
F-16 pilot is killed in a crash at Nellis Air Force base
Apache helicopter crashes while training, both pilots were killed.
4 marines were killed when their Super Stallion crashed.
These are just some examples as to what's been going on recently. There have been way more accidents of all branches of the military. According to this article, accidents have risen 40% since 2013.
I'm not exactly sure how often accidents like this happen, but to me, it's been happening way more than I remember. It feels like every other day I log on and another one has been reported.
Who or what is to blame for these? Are they all caused by human error, budget cuts, or something else?