The 2018 regular season has come and gone with bizarre outcomes and now it's finally time for October baseball. This will be the first time in MLB history that a season ended with two tiebreakers for division titles.
Let the chaos and heartbreak begin:
1. ALCS (Red Sox win series 4-1)
Houston Astros (103-59) vs Boston Red Sox (108-54)
GAME 1 FINAL SCORE: Astros 7, Red Sox 2
GAME 2 FINAL SCORE: Astros 5, Red Sox 7
GAME 3 FINAL SCORE: Red Sox 8, Astros 2
GAME 4 FINAL SCORE: Red Sox 8, Astros 6
GAME 5 FINAL SCORE: Red Sox 4, Astros 1
3. NLCS (Dodgers lead series 3-2)
Los Angeles Dodgers (92-71) vs Milwaukee Brewers (96-67)
GAME 1 FINAL SCORE: Dodgers 5, Brewers 6
GAME 2 FINAL SCORE: Dodgers 4, Brewers 3
GAME 3 FINAL SCORE: Brewers 4, Dodgers 0
GAME 4 FINAL SCORE: Brewers 1, Dodgers 2
GAME 5 FINAL SCORE: Brewers 1, Dodgers 5
POSTSEASON RECAP Fun Facts
1. The Brewers win Game 163 in Chicago and advance to the NLDS.
2. The Dodgers win Game 163 and advance to the NLDS to face the Braves.
3. The Rockies win the NL Wild Card game and advance to the NLDS to face the Brewers.
4. The Oakland Athletics are eliminated from the postseason. The Yankees advance to the NLDS to face Boston.
5. The Brewers walk off the Rockies in game 1 and win.
6. The Dodgers shutout the Braves at home for a game 1 victory
7. The Brewers rally late and beat the Rockies in game 2. The series goes to Colorado.
8. The Astros take games 1 and 2 from the Indians. The series goes to Cleveland.
9. The Dodgers take game 2. The series goes to Atlanta.
10. The Red Sox take game 1 but the Yankees take game 2. The series is tied.
11. The Brewers sweep the Rockies and advance to the NLCS. They face the Dodgers.
12. The Astros sweep the Indians and advance to the ALCS.
13. The Dodgers win the series in Atlanta and advance to the NLCS to face the Brewers.
14. The Red Sox BTFO the Yankees in the Bronx and win big in game 3.
15. Red Sox eliminate the Yankees.
16. The Red Sox take the ALCS lead.
17. The Dodgers tie the Brewers in the NLCS.
18. The Dodgers are 1 win away from the World Series.
19. The Red Sox are 1 win away from the World Series.
20. The Red Sox advance to the World Series. This will be their 2nd World Series appearance in the last decade.
1. As stated above, this is the first time we will see 2 tiebreakers in MLB history as well as having all 4 teams still in the postseason once the outcomes of both games are reached.
2. The Oakland Athletics are the only American League team in the postseason that wasn't there the previous year. The Red Sox, Indians, Yankees, and Astros were all in the 2017 postseason.
3. The Colorado Rockies for the first time in franchise history have reached the postseason in back-to-back years. The franchise began in 1993.
4. The Milwaukee Brewers have reached the postseason for the first time since 2011.
5. The Indians once again will attempt to end their World Series championship drought as they last won in it all in 1948, being the longest out of any team listed here. The Brewers and Rockies are the only teams going in that have never won a World Series.