2015 Thread2016 thread
The Fall Classic is approaching us soon as the last games of the season have been played and now time for the postseason. The playoffs officially begin with the bullshit Wild Card games:
- Dodgers win series and advance to the World Series2. ALCS
(Series tied 3-3)
- Winner advances to the World Series New York Yankees
(91-71) vs Houston Astros (101-61)
GAME 1 FINAL SCORE:
GAME 2 FINAL SCORE:
GAME 3 FINAL SCORE:
GAME 4 FINAL SCORE:
GAME 5 FINAL SCORE:
GAME 6 FINAL SCORE:
- The Yankees power their way through the Twins and advance to the ALDS to face the Cleveland Indians.
- The Diamondbacks overcome the Rockies in a thrilling game and will face the Los Angeles Dodgers in the NLDS.
- Houston takes game 1 on a huge day from Jose Altuve and the rest of the team.
- The Indians shutout the Yankees for game 1 and take the lead of the series.
- The Astros BTFO the Red Sox at home yet again and take game 2 of the series. They need to win one more to advance to the ALCS.
- The Yankees and Indians game ends after a thrilling 13 innings. The Indians need to win one more to advance to the ALCS.
- The Cubs shutout the Nationals at home in game 1 and take the lead of the series.
- The Doyers overcome the Diamondbacks and take game 1 in Los Angeles.
- The Doyers win again in game 2 and only need to win 1 more to advance to the NLCS.
- The Nationals rally late against the Cubs and take game 2. The series is tied.
- Yankees force a game 4 by winning 1-0 in a pitching dominant game.
- Red Sox BTFO the Astros at home and force a game 4.
- The Astros rally late in game 4 and take the series over the Red Sox. They advance to the ALCS.
- The Dodgers out-pitch the Diamondbacks and sweep the series. They advance to the NLCS.
- The Yankees upset the Indians at home and advance to the ALCS to take on the Astros
- The Nationals stay alive in Wrigley and force a game 5 back at home. Winner continues on, loser goes home the next game.
- The Cubs eliminate the Nationals and advance to the NLCS vs the Dodgers.
- The Astros take game 1 in dramatic fashion against the Yankees.
- The Astros once again win in dramatic fashion in game 2 versus the Yankees. The series heads to New York for 3.
- The Dodgers overcome the Cubs in game 1 of the NLCS.
- In a classic battle of the bullpens in game 2, the Dodgers walk off the Cubs and take a 2-0 series lead.
- The Yankees manage to open up their offense and take game 3 of the ALCS.
- The Yankees tie the series. The ALCS will go back to Houston now since the Astros were unable to win to advance to 3 wins.
- For the first time since 1988, the Dodgers are 3-0 in the NLCS. They just need 1 more win to advance to the World Series.
- The Yankees take the series lead against the Astros and force the series back to Houston.
- The Cubs stay alive and take game 4 from the Dodgers.
- THE DODGERS ADVANCE TO THE WORLD SERIES
- We go to a Game 7 in the ALCS. Fun Facts:
1. The Chicago Cubs are the defending champs and a team that won a World Series has not made it back to the playoffs in back-to-back years since the 2011-2012 St Louis Cardinals. The 2011 Cardinals won the World Series that year.
2. The 2017 Minnesota Twins are the only team in MLB history to reach the postseason following a 100+ loss season.
3. The New York Yankees will attempt to reach the World Series and win their 28th ring. The next team closest to them is the St Louis Cardinals with 11.
4. Since the Cubs ended their drought last year, the Indians now have the longest World Series victory drought, winning their last one in 1948.
5. The Washington Nationals have not won a playoff series since the Walter Johnson days of the 1920s.
6. Solonoid is a gigantic faggot.