| Knight of the Limits

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:
ID: Elegiac
IP: Logged

23,675 posts
Do you think I could get an administrator to delete my old accounts and posts? Some are pretty embarrassing and I wouldn't mind them going away.
Streisand effect

Everyone without fail has posted embarrassing shit online, particularly when they were younger. It's best to just laugh it off than to go on a ganking spree and try to cover it all up.
So, between all these warnings that I'm getting, is anybody making time to punish the actual villains?
Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 01:31:57 PM by Mr Psychologist

Elegiac
| Knight of the Limits

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

23,675 posts
So basically I've been told that I'm wrong for sticking up for myself, and the best course of action is to be as silent and as accommodating as possible towards the people who are using my suicide attempt to attack me. They apparently have power even over the mods, as the mods can't and won't punish them. Challenger should have been perma'd ages ago. It shouldn't matter how much of a gap you leave between your first, second, third, and other on-going offences- when you're told not to do a thing, that doesn't mean don't do it now, but later is okay- if you do that thing again that you've been told not to do, no matter when that is, you face a consequence.

None of the people who are doing this to me have seen any consequence, and as a result, they'll continue to do it. I've received more warnings than all of them put together. Is this sort of attack not covered in the rules? Is that why nothing can be done about it? I don't think so.

As I've said before, I will not stand for this.

Mat Cauthon
| Ravens

more |
This is against the rules, git warned.

big sponge
| PP

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:
ID: Lord Commissar

11,900 posts

From what I understand you were given a warning for continuing to drag shit out after Flee told all of you to stop.

Elegiac
| Knight of the Limits

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

23,675 posts
From what I understand you were given a warning for continuing to drag shit out after Flee told all of you to stop.
I'm not dragging anything out. I'm waiting for it to end.

Mat Cauthon
| Ravens

more |
Next person to not play nice and continue this fighting on here is gonna get slapped, regardless of who it is.

Elegiac
| Knight of the Limits

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

23,675 posts
This is against the rules, git warned.
Nobody gives a shit what you think kiddo, piss off.

Elegiac
| Knight of the Limits

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

23,675 posts
Next person to not play nice and continue this fighting on here is gonna get slapped, regardless of who it is.
lol, this is like the highlight of your sad little existence

Elegiac
| Knight of the Limits

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

23,675 posts
Please read the OP and consider.

Ender
| Mythic Inconceivable!

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:
ID: EnderWolf1013

10,296 posts

Oh my god  elegiac shut the fuck up about this shit already

big sponge
| PP

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

11,900 posts

Is this

I don't find lying in mud puddles with my mouth open appealing. Fuck off you bottom feeder.

an appropriate response to this

You should try having my outlook on life. Then you'll enjoy food again friend :)

Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 01:14:27 PM by LC

Mr. Psychologist
| Imperial Forum Ninja

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:
ID: Mr Psychologist

17,225 posts
<.<
Do you think I could get an administrator to delete my old accounts and posts? Some are pretty embarrassing and I wouldn't mind them going away.
Streisand effect

Everyone without fail has posted embarrassing shit online, particularly when they were younger. It's best to just laugh it off than to go on a ganking spree and try to cover it all up.
So, between all these warnings that I'm getting, is anybody making time to punish the actual villains?
Wrong place to discuss this, once again.
I'll say this here though, did it occur to you that by causing problems and forcing us to take action it makes it any easier to get to the bottom of things?
Reply to this in the septagon thread if you wish.

Mat Cauthon
| Ravens

more |
Alright. You wanna go to war with me? Bring it on. Do your worst. Keep insulting me, because I honestly don't give a shit. I can argue like this all night if I have to.

Let's dance.

Sandtrap
| Mythic Sage

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:
ID: Sandtrap

11,704 posts
Rockets on my X
There really isn't anything most forum goers can do here. I know I live under a rock so I assume all your banter with said parties happens elsewhere like in the skype chats or in pms.

At which point, I actually can't judge because I wasn't around for any of the arguments to witness them, and the whole story isn't there.

Plus, unfortunately, sometimes people like to walk on technicalities. Dustbin for example.

Mr. Psychologist
| Imperial Forum Ninja

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

17,225 posts
<.<
Next person to not play nice and continue this fighting on here is gonna get slapped, regardless of who it is. This has passed the point of teasing and joking jabs. These are far more malicious insults and as such they will be dealt with accordingly.

It's already been quoted, but I'll post it again so it's from an official channel.

Flee states quite clearly here that the next person to continue the fighting is going to get slapped. You promptly flamed challenger when he posts a reply that does not in any way warrant it. I'd have been inclined to leave it at the magikarp but as it was then pointed out to me the lot of you had been given a clear warning to stop. Challenger didn't go into that thread and post anything rude to you, you screamed blue murder at him. Hence you have been warned for that and not him.

I said this in the other thread too, do you think that by causing all this fuss it actually gets you what you want out of a situation? Because all it does is create roadblock after roadblock for the mods because we have to clean up the aftermath of yet another flamewar.

Kitsune 狐 | Mythic Invincible!

more |
XBL:
PSN: KitsuneXHunter
Steam: KitsuneOverlord
ID: Kitsunekun

7,655 posts

I do not agree with bashing a member for their suicide attempt, and I believe I have been public in the past with my views on this subject matter; however, I do not see the point in stooping to their level and then lashing out at them elsewhere.

I am just a monitor.

I am responding because I do not support the harassment of suicide attempt puns, and a lot of you know this, and Ele you know I understand, but it's not okay to make low blows towards them as well.

Ender
| Mythic Inconceivable!

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:
ID: EnderWolf1013

10,296 posts

I do not agree with bashing a member for their suicide attempt, and I believe I have been public in the past with my views on this subject matter; however, I do not see the point in stooping to their level and then lashing out at them elsewhere.

I am just a monitor.

I am responding because I do not support the harassment of suicide attempt puns, and a lot of you know this, and Ele you know I understand, but it's not okay to make low blows towards them as well.
But there wasn't any bashing, ele was just freaking out for no reason

Elegiac
| Knight of the Limits

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

23,675 posts
Streisand effect

I'll say this here though, did it occur to you that by causing problems and forcing us to take action it makes it any easier to get to the bottom of things?
You guys don't get to the bottom of anything whether I speak up or not :( Rules should in part reflect common sense, and the way that I have described the functioning of a rule in the OP of this 'septagon thread' you mentioned, I feel, speaks to this. I'm not causing a problem, I'm reacting to it. I would react more within the rules, but you have to understand how hard it is to respect rules that don't seem to protect you from anything, even in those times when you've appealed to them to the letter.

We'll see if I have anything more to say, and if I do I'll take it to that that thread as you say. Cynicism tells me not to bother though.

Kitsune 狐 | Mythic Invincible!

more |
XBL:
PSN: KitsuneXHunter
Steam: KitsuneOverlord
ID: Kitsunekun

7,655 posts

I am just a monitor.

There were obvious references that I honestly believe cannot be denied.

big sponge
| PP

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

11,900 posts

I am just a monitor.

There was apparently some beep beep going on before Flee told everyone to cut the shit.

Mr. Psychologist
| Imperial Forum Ninja

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

17,225 posts
<.<
Streisand effect

You guys don't get to the bottom of anything whether I speak up or not :( Rules should in part reflect common sense, and the way that I have described the functioning of a rule in the OP of this 'septagon thread' you mentioned, I feel, speaks to this. I'm not causing a problem, I'm reacting to it. I would react more within the rules, but you have to understand how hard it is to respect rules that don't seem to protect you from anything, even in those times when you've appealed to them to the letter.

We'll see if I have anything more to say, and if I do I'll take it to that that thread as you say. Cynicism tells me not to bother though.
This should be in the other thread, but I hate to ignore something in the wrong place out of pedantry.

Look at it like this, if someone who is dancing around within the rules is succesfully avoiding the hammer. Do you think that leaping outside of the rules will net a positive result? Or do you think that sticking to the rules and finding ways to play within them like everyone else does will?

Basically it's hard to complain that the rules aren't being warped to ban someone who isn't explicitly breaking them when you break them explicitly yourself.

Mr. Psychologist
| Imperial Forum Ninja

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

17,225 posts
<.<
I'll be back later, if there is more to discuss then feel free but I won't be returning for a few hours now.

BaconShelf | Mythic Inconceivable!

more |
XBL: BaconShelf
PSN:
Steam: BaconShelf
ID: BaconShelf

10,737 posts

So... is this issue, like, a regular occurrence now?

I'll calender it in for about december-time.

Nick McIntyre | Legendary Invincible!

more |
XBL: Nick McIntyre92
PSN: NicholasMcIntyre
Steam: Nick McIntyre
ID: Nick McIntyre

3,143 posts

Git bant

Edit oh shit I thought this was a Flood thread
Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 03:25:40 PM by Nick McIntyre

big sponge
| PP

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

11,900 posts

Elagiac, that was already dealt with. There's no reason to post it in here.

Elegiac
| Knight of the Limits

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

23,675 posts

This should be in the other thread, but I hate to ignore something in the wrong place out of pedantry.

Look at it like this, if someone who is dancing around within the rules is succesfully avoiding the hammer. Do you think that leaping outside of the rules will net a positive result? Or do you think that sticking to the rules and finding ways to play within them like everyone else does will?

Basically it's hard to complain that the rules aren't being warped to ban someone who isn't explicitly breaking them when you break them explicitly yourself.
You aren't seeing the situation clearly, or comprehending. I expect black and white justice. There is no grey. No need for warping. I don't want to play games. I'm not here to play spiteful little games. That's not my idea of fun. At some point the mods are either going to do the right thing or explicity state that they have no interest in doing the right thing.

Elegiac
| Knight of the Limits

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

23,675 posts
Elagiac, that was already dealt with. There's no reason to post it in here.
I'm sorry I hadn't been informed. I posted it and reported it at the same time. Reporting doesn't usually secure a result unless you're challenger and co, so I played it safe and posted here as well. I'm an optimist despite myself.

Elegiac
| Knight of the Limits

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

23,675 posts
And why shouldn't it be posted here? Reasons? It's to topic.

The reality:

big sponge
| PP

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

11,900 posts

Because the only reason to bring up the only piece of evidence that you've ever provided (which was dealt with as soon as it came up) is to try and start drama.

That and it's antithetical to your claim that the mods refuse to do anything about "the bad guys".
Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 11:08:01 PM by LC

Mr. Psychologist
| Imperial Forum Ninja

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

17,225 posts
<.<

You aren't seeing the situation clearly, or comprehending. I expect black and white justice. There is no grey. No need for warping. I don't want to play games. I'm not here to play spiteful little games. That's not my idea of fun. At some point the mods are either going to do the right thing or explicity state that they have no interest in doing the right thing.
Well as you have seen despite your claims to the contrary, a black and white - cut and dry, case has had a black and white - cut and dry result. Jester has been banned for it and that is that.

For less cut and dry cases, like the ones preceding this, there isn't a nice simple answer because it's not a matter of right and wrong it's about how the rules of the site are implemented on a larger scale as well as a smaller one. Setting precedents is not something to be done lightly.