XBL: Rocketman287
PSN:
Steam: Rocketman287
ID: Rocketman287
IP: Logged

22,974 posts
I neither fear, nor despise.
Hmmmm. It seems decent.

Seems like every Superhero movie nowadays has to have a bunch of humor in it though.
Nothing really serious and gritty.

Azumarill | Mythic Invincible!

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:
ID: Azumarill

7,654 posts

Hmmmm. It seems decent.

Seems like every Superhero movie nowadays has to have a bunch of humor in it though.
well, comics tend to have a fair amount of comic relief (lol,) so its not outlandish that the new school comic hero movies have that quality, too. after all, all these marvel films are popcorn flicks- you're supposed to go see them with friends or family and have a good time and laugh and cry and be merry. i did like the gritty feel of the nolan films and the watchmen movie, and apparently the new DC live action movies are going to be very very serious, so there's that.
Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 02:05:35 AM by Azumarill

Doctor Doom | Mythic Invincible!

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:
ID: Lord Keksworth

7,368 posts
the one true God is Doctor Doom and we should all be worshiping him.
Hmmmm. It seems decent.

It doesn't need to be dark and depressing. Especially since Ant-Man is generally portrayed as a comedic character nowadays. He's not like Batman, with a whole lot of emotional baggage or some guilt-ridden reason for doing what he does, and having him pull a Man of Steel and blow up New York or something would defeat the purpose. Comedy keeps the action fresh and the genuinely sad or grim moments impactful.

Just remember this little rhyme: "Dark and gritty tends to be shitty." Except with Batman or Warhammer.

Azumarill | Mythic Invincible!

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:
ID: Azumarill

7,654 posts

Hmmmm. It seems decent.

It doesn't need to be dark and depressing. Especially since Ant-Man is generally portrayed as a comedic character nowadays. He's not like Batman, with a whole lot of emotional baggage or some guilt-ridden reason for doing what he does, and having him pull a Man of Steel and blow up New York or something would defeat the purpose. Comedy keeps the action fresh and the genuinely sad or grim moments impactful.

Just remember this little rhyme: "Dark and gritty tends to be shitty." Except with Batman or Warhammer.
well, hank pym ant-man is kind of a piece of shit, so a gritty movie about him wouldnt be all that weird. this isnt about hank pym, though, so you're probably spot on

also watchmen is dark and gritty and isnt shitty :(

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

7,368 posts
Hmmmm. It seems decent.

well, hank pym ant-man is kind of a piece of shit, so a gritty movie about him wouldnt be all that weird. this isnt about hank pym, though, so you're probably spot on

also watchmen is dark and gritty and isnt shitty :(

True. And Sandman. Though I did say tends to be shitty and not always shitty.

Elegiac
| Knight of the Limits

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:
ID: Elegiac

23,675 posts
Ant-Man made Ultron, sooooooooooo... everything seems out of whack.

Girl of Mystery | Mythic Unfrigginbelievable!

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:
ID: TheBritishLemon

23,350 posts
A flower which blooms on the battlefield
Ant-Man made Ultron, sooooooooooo... everything seems out of whack.
Marvel Movie Universe =/= Marvel's many comic Universes

They only loosely follow the comics because this is a separate Universe.

Mat Cauthon
| Ravens

more |
I don't see the point.

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

7,368 posts
I don't see the point.

Money, dear boy.

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

23,350 posts
I don't see the point.
Because entertainment? You know, like every form of media ever.

Flee
| Marty Forum Ninja

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:
ID: Flee

15,686 posts

This user has been blacklisted from posting on the forums. Until the blacklist is lifted, all posts made by this user have been hidden and require a Sep7agon® SecondClass Premium Membership to view.

Mat Cauthon
| Ravens

more |
Superhero movies are by general rule pretty shitty, so I'm not holding my breath for this one.
How many people would think this is interesting?

"Cool, he can minimise!" Said no one.

Flee
| Marty Forum Ninja

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

15,686 posts

This user has been blacklisted from posting on the forums. Until the blacklist is lifted, all posts made by this user have been hidden and require a Sep7agon® SecondClass Premium Membership to view.

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

7,368 posts
Superhero movies are by general rule pretty shitty, so I'm not holding my breath for this one.
How many people would think this is interesting?

"Cool, he can minimise!" Said no one.

And maximize. And control ants (which is more useful than you might expect).

Really, this is like seeing the Batman trailer and thinking "Cool, he's dressed like a bat!" Well, yeah, but that's not really the point.

Elegiac
| Knight of the Limits

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

23,675 posts
I don't see the point.

Money, dear boy.
If they wanna make money they should make a sweet as fuck Domino movie. Domino and Cable. Would that fall under the X-men license, or could it be a sneaky by-pass?

gats
| alo

more |
XBL: goooots
PSN:
Steam: goootsby
ID: Gatsby

19,293 posts
You will find out who you are not a thousand times, before you ever discover who you are. I hope you find peace in yourself and learn to love instead of hate.
Lol Ant-man. Ants are fucking cool but this is just a dumb idea for a superhero. Well it seems so anyway.

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

23,350 posts
Except Iron Man, The Winter Soldier and GotG are good films.

Flee
| Marty Forum Ninja

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

15,686 posts

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

23,350 posts
Disagreed. They're generally shallow, cliché and predictable popcorn flicks with poor and forced humor relying entirely on massive marketing campaigns, visual effects and audiences that'll go for anything with a superhero sticker slapped on it.

Does that mean they can't be fun to watch? Not at all. It can be pretty enjoyable if you try to think as little as possible and just take it as yet another flick. If that's what you're going for, they're alright movies. But whether they're actually great movies? Movies with a certain depth that have you thinking and wondering, with great storylines and intricate plots, exceptional acting, beautiful cinematography and that wonderfully special feel to them? Not in the slightest.
God you're such a fag

Flee
| Marty Forum Ninja

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

15,686 posts

Ender
| Mythic Inconceivable!

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:
ID: EnderWolf1013

10,296 posts

Whenever i see a new marvel movie i get sad because it reminds me how much better the comics are.

Damn, I wish I didn't lose half of them.

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

23,350 posts
Disagreed. They're generally shallow, cliché and predictable popcorn flicks with poor and forced humor relying entirely on massive marketing campaigns, visual effects and audiences that'll go for anything with a superhero sticker slapped on it.

Does that mean they can't be fun to watch? Not at all. It can be pretty enjoyable if you try to think as little as possible and just take it as yet another flick. If that's what you're going for, they're alright movies. But whether they're actually great movies? Movies with a certain depth that have you thinking and wondering, with great storylines and intricate plots, exceptional acting, beautiful cinematography and that wonderfully special feel to them? Not in the slightest.
God you're such a fag
I just like movies, that is all. Always have. Cinematography and photography was my second choice for higher education after Law. I'm not trying to convince you that they're bad movies and that you shouldn't like them. I enjoyed watching them too. Just explaining why I don't think they're great.
I never said they were great  either.

Flee
| Marty Forum Ninja

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

15,686 posts

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

23,350 posts

God you're such a fag
I just like movies, that is all. Always have. Cinematography and photography was my second choice for higher education after Law. I'm not trying to convince you that they're bad movies and that you shouldn't like them. I enjoyed watching them too. Just explaining why I don't think they're great.
What movies do you think are great?
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
From Dusk till Dawn

Elegiac
| Knight of the Limits

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

23,675 posts

God you're such a fag
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
From Dusk till Dawn
those are all decent films.

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

23,350 posts

God you're such a fag
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
From Dusk till Dawn
*great

Elegiac
| Knight of the Limits

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:

23,675 posts

God you're such a fag
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
From Dusk till Dawn
*great
good, then

Kubrick is great, and those aren't Kubrick's