| Cultural Appropriator

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:
ID: DAS B00T x2
IP: Logged

37,910 posts
This is not the greatest sig in the world, no. This is just a tribute.
In regards to users being able to ask modstaff to just lock their threads, a valid reason should be presented. By valid reason I don't mean "these two guys are gonna fight, lock pls" or "someone posted something I don't like, lock this!" You being the OP doesn't mean you should be able to cut the discussion at your discretion, as the decision should be on the modstaff as to weather or not OP's request is valid.

R o c k e t | Mythic Smash Master

more |
XBL: Rocketman287
PSN:
Steam: Rocketman287
ID: Rocketman287

23,447 posts
I neither fear, nor despise.
In the case of Verb's thread, there was indeed fighting. So a lock was warranted.

Other times however a user will request a lock because of several factors. Things got heated, personal, the thread was derailed, the thread's responses may annoy the OP because they are having a bad day and  can't shrug off jokes like they usually can.

Typically a user will actually give the reason for the lock request in a PM. And when we go to the thread we take a look around to see what's up. We don't just blindly lock the thread
Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 02:08:12 PM by Rocketman287

DAS B00T x2
| Cultural Appropriator

more |
XBL:
PSN:
Steam:
ID: DAS B00T x2

37,910 posts
This is not the greatest sig in the world, no. This is just a tribute.
Well thanks for explaining that, the other thread left me with the impression that you just go in and lock anything if the OP wants you to.

I kinda feel like that's still a cop out method to get out of stepping up and banning people though...