- Sakura's fun. Her redesign is fucking awesome, and her character story is probably one of my new favorites. I like that she's kinda growing up a little bit and questioning whether fighting is really what she wants to do with her life.
- UI and menu changes are a nice change of pace. I like the platinum gold aesthetic.
- The new Arcade Mode, while LONG overdue, is an obvious welcome addition, even if they took an unorthodox route with it. The worst thing is that you don't get anything substantial out of doing it, but I like how they've actually confirmed in-game when each and every installment of the franchise actually takes place chronologically. I'm pretty sure they haven't done that before. Best of all, unlike the shitty art in the character intros, the art featured in each character's ending is much higher quality.
- Extra Battle is fucking stupid, as it turns out. There are two battles available right now: a single round fight against Shin Akuma that costs 1000 FM per attempt, where all you gain is a special title for winning, is absolutely batshit insane. The AI just relentlessly tears your asshole apart, and while I was eventually able to beat him (after wasting more FM on it than I'm willing to admit), to know that all I'm getting out of it is a title makes it one of the biggest wastes of time ever. The second Extra Battle is an ongoing one where the final prize is a Viewtiful Joe costume for Rashid. Hopefully these things get better with time.
- I'm liking all the balance changes and the gameplay in general feels a lot smoother. Not all of the new V-triggers seem all that useful, but some of them are actually pretty fun and exciting, and it'll be cool to see how the new meta will develop with them in the cards. Also, the game's input lag has been reduced to about 4 frames, which is fantastic. This wound up adding a lot of lag to netplay at first, but they patched that up rather quickly.